ISIS by Halcrow > ISIS News
21/05/2013 Advanced ISIS Workshop
For the first time, an Advanced ISIS training workshop is being run on Thursday 17th October following the annual user conference. It will give those people attending the conference (or those just wanting to develop their flood modelling skills) the opportunity to learn about the advanced fuctionality provided within ISIS
21/05/2013 ISIS User Conference 2013
The 2013 ISIS User Conference will be held on Wednesday 16th October at our European headquarters in London. The first presentation will start at 10:00 (registration and refreshments from 09:00) and will end at approximately 17:00.
12/04/2013 FREE webinar: sources of model uncertainty
We will be holding our latest ‘Modelling Made Easy’ webinar on Thursday 16th May at 13:00 (BST). The free 30 minute (including questions) webinar will discuss sources of model uncertainty and will be useful for anyone involved in modelling, working with all model types and software.
02/04/2013 Tip of the month: editing plot settings
The ISIS support team have published another quick tip which discusses how plot settings can be customized within ISIS.
Adam Parkes, one of Halcrow’s water engineers and modellers, discussed how to model urban catchments, including how to deal with urban drainage systems when using ISIS.
The development of the model required bathymetric cross section data for the river channel, a digital elevation model (DEM) for the floodplain and a survey of the bridges, weirs and other structures along the river reach.
Since its launch in 2011, ISIS FAST has gone from strength to strength. Organsations across the globe are utilising this innovative flood inundation model to better understand potential flood risk up to 1,000 times faster.
27/03/2013 A standard format for channel survey data
Halcrow has teamed up with the Environment Agency to provide a set layout for survey data which will improve the efficiency of the overall modelling process when using ISIS and other industry models.
In the UK, we already have close links with numerous universities including Cardiff, Cranfield, Imperial and Glasgow to name a few. We are also working closely with universities across the globe in the Philippines, Australia, France, Vietnam and USA.
The ISIS support team, with help from regular forum contributor PHA, have published another quick tip which discusses exporting chainages and node labels from long section plot.
18/02/2013 Upcoming technical training courses
Halcrow provides a wide range of scheduled courses covering the theory and practice of hydrology, hydraulics, flood risk management and the use of GIS.
18/02/2013 Come and see us...
ISIS by Halcrow is sponsoring the ‘Changing Extremes in Hydrology’ conference on Monday 15th April at Exeter College in Oxford. This exciting event provides a review of the meteorology and hydrology experienced over the UK in 2012, including the forecasting, warning, and remedial operations, and the impact of the extreme conditions on agriculture and the economy.
18/02/2013 Wetland inundation mapping, Australia
ISIS FAST has been successfully trialled as an environmental water management tool for Yanga National Park, a large River Red Gum forest on the Murrumbidgee River in New South Wales, Australia.
As part of our next release of ISIS (v4.0 to be released later this year), which provides a multitude of new tools and features, we are giving a select number of people the opportunity to use ISIS Viewer before it is made publicly available.
Halcrow will be holding their next ‘Modelling Made Easy’ webinar on Thursday 28th February at 13:00 (GMT). The free 30 minute (including questions) webinar will discuss modelling urban catchments, including how to deal with urban drainage systems when using ISIS.
24/01/2013 New to modelling or ISIS?
The ISIS e-learning resource is intended for people wanting to learn about hydraulic modelling of flows in open channels, such as rivers, spillways and canals.
In addition, anybody purchasing TUFLOW support through Halcrow will have access to our UK based technical support team at no extra cost. Our team can be contacted through our dedicated support telephone number and email address.
A Halcrow support and maintenance contract is much more than just technical support for your ISIS software. Find out some of the extensive benefits of our support and maintenance contacts which mean that 96% of our users annually renew .
24/01/2013 Tip of the month: file comparison tool
This months tip relates to the ISIS file comparison tool. Do you ever need to review the changes you, or someone else, has made to an ISIS model? The file comparison tool gives a comprehensive overview of those changes.
24/01/2013 culverts, controls and tides
Mark Roberts discusses the development of the one dimensional elements in ISIS for a flood study linking two watercourses discharging to the North Cardigan Bay. The study required representation of a balancing pond, a number of culverts, a pumping station with sluice controls and tidal outfalls.
Patrick Goodey, Flood Risk Engineer at Bristol City Council said “we are delighted to have won this competition. I have used ISIS Free for a few years, and dabbled with TUFLOW in the past, mainly for direct rainfall and surface water flooding applications. It is fantastic to now have the opportunity for me and my colleagues to use ISIS 2D and improve the way in which we assess and mitigate flood risks to help us continue to make real improvements for the people of Bristol".
24/01/2013 ISIS prices frozen for 2013!
The global economic climate means that it is becoming harder than ever to secure budgets for new software purchases, support and maintenance renewals and technical training courses. As a result, we’d like to give our clients peace of mind by freezing our prices for a second year running.
ISIS News Headlines
- Advanced ISIS Workshop
- ISIS User Conference 2013
- FREE webinar: sources of model uncertainty
- Tip of the month: editing plot settings
- VIDEO: Modelling urban catchments and drainage systems using ISIS
- Modelling the River Têt and tributaries - France
- Would you like to save time and money on your projects?
- A standard format for channel survey data
- 50% off or buy one get 49 FREE – academic licences
- Can I export chainages & node labels from long section plot?
- Upcoming technical training courses
- Come and see us...
- Wetland inundation mapping, Australia
- Ever needed a simple and effective way to share flood extents?
- Webinar: Modelling Urban Catchments and Drainage Systems
- New to modelling or ISIS?
- Did you know that Halcrow is the UK agent for TUFLOW?
- Why do 96% of our customers take support and maintenance?
- Tip of the month: file comparison tool
- culverts, controls and tides
- Bristol City Council wins over £6,000 of software!
- ISIS prices frozen for 2013!
- ISIS developments - rapid expansion in 2012
- New interim release: ISIS v3.6.1
- Hydrolink flood modelling article
- 2013 flood risk management, modelling and mapping training courses
- Office of Public Works, Ireland
- Last chance to win over £6,000 of software!
- Free Webinar: Flood Risk Mapping in the Philippines
- Win over £6,000 of ISIS software!
- Better, faster and still free* - ISIS v3.6 has arrived!
- Plus performant, plus rapide et toujours gratuity : ISIS v3.6 vient-de-sortir !
- ejor, más rápido y con una versión gratuita* – ¡ISIS v3.6 ha llegado!
- Attend a Halcrow ISIS or TUFLOW training course for just 50p!
- Case study: local authority strategic flood risk assessment
- Video: Office of Public Works (Ireland) discuss how they use ISIS
- ISIS 2D speed improvement results - significant developments
- ISIS User Conference - presentations available to download
- SimHydro2012 conference – Nice, France
- Quantum GIS training - free, open source software
- Build integrated 1D-2D models using your existing 1D licence for FREE
- Solutions to Increase Modelling Productivity, Accuracy and Efficiency
- ISIS User Conference 2012 – Book your place now!
- New ISIS Modelling Made Easy Videos
- Free Webinar: Solutions to modelling complex river structures
- ISIS v3.6 - coming soon ...
- Standalone ISIS FAST proving popular!
- Managing tidal flood risk in London, UK
- March 'Introduction to ISIS' training course - 20% off!
- Flood forecasting and ISIS - a perfect combination
- TUFLOW modelling with Quantum GIS training course
- Solutions to Common Causes of Model Instability
- ISIS software prices frozen for 2012!
- Helen James discusses modelling flood and coastal risk
- Flood risk modelling case study: Siret River, Romania
- ISIS v3.5.1 released, including ISIS FAST free edition!
- Brand new ISIS-TUFLOW-PIPE Link - available now!
- Viewing WMS layers in ISIS Mapper
- ISIS 2D case study: Pilcomayo river basin, Argentina-Paraguay
- Improving the understanding of risk from canal breaches - British Waterways
- 2012 flood risk management and modelling course
- FREE ISIS Mapper online demonstration - book your place now!
- TUFLOW FV Workshop
- TUFLOW workshop led by Bill Syme and Philip Ryan from BMT WBM
- ISIS v3.5.1 interim release - coming soon!
- Textpad syntax file for TUFLOW
- Halcrow's ISIS software strengthens profile in the Americas
- ISIS User Conference - great success!
- ISIS online community registers its 5,000th user!
- ISIS User Conference 2011 - Reserve your place now!
- ISIS charity points
- Date for your diary - the annual ISIS User Conference
- ISIS FAST Demonstration
- ISIS contributes to Science Museum exhibit
- FREE online ISIS FAST demonstration - book your place now!
- ISIS FAST - It's coming soon!
- What to expect in ISIS v3.5
- ISIS FAST wins IAHR competition!
- HECTIC - a new FREE tool for converting HEC-RAS models to ISIS
- 2011 flood risk management and modelling training courses - book now!
- ISIS v3.4 is released - download now
- ISIS August Newsletter
- ISIS 2D Webex
- ISIS June Newsletter
- Environment Agency procures 2D Flood Modelling Software from Halcrow
- Halcrow presents ISIS to universities throughout the UK and across the world
- ISIS in GeoConnexion
- ISIS January Newsletter
- ISIS has joined Facebook
- ISIS users raise money for WaterAid and the Halcrow Foundation
Sign up for our newsletter
Please click the button below to signup for our newsletter.
- ISIS FAST Technical Paper, Case Study, Video and More...
- Simple and effective way to share flood extents? Trial ISIS Viewer today!
- Webinar: Modelling Urban Catchments and Drainage Systems
- Price freeze, competition winner and more!
- ISIS v3.6.1 released, HydroLink article and more...
- Last chance to win £6,000 of software!
- Webinar: flood risk mapping in the Philippines
- ISIS 2D competition: two months remaining
- Win over £6,000 of software!
- Better, faster and still free - ISIS v3.6
- Plus performant, plus rapide, moins cher : ISIS v3.6
- Mejor, màs ràpido, más económico - ISIS v3.6
- ISIS 2D speed improvements
- Integrated 1D-2D modelling using ISIS
- ISIS User Conference 2012
- e-Learning with ISIS - let Halcrow help you!