Halcrow has a large and thriving head office in Doha, Qatar – as well as a number of large project sites and offices sprinkled around the capital.
The office accommodates some 150 designers and other technical specialists, to support the 75 or so Halcrow people working on construction supervision around the city.
Our earliest work in Qatar involved two major developments. The first started in 1993 and involved the creation of Doha West Bay Lagoon – an inland tidal lagoon some 8km north of Doha. The lagoon provided a waterside environment for prestigious commercial and residential developments.
The second development began in 2001 as Halcrow was appointed to project manage and supervise the construction of the Four Seasons and Qtel Tower complex in the West Bay area of Doha. This outstanding development includes a hotel, offices, apartments, houses and a marina. The design is based on the Alhambra complex in Granada, Spain, which incorporates the elements of a fortress, a palace and a residential area into one entity.
Halcrow remains committed to assisting the Qatari Government realise its residential and commercial development and urban planning vision.
Most recent project achievements:
- Ras Laffan LNG Port expansion
- Lusail Development - primary infastructure north of Doha
- West Bay Complex, Four Seasons Hotel, Doha
- The Gate Development Commercial Mall and Towers, Doha
- Convention Centre, Qatar Education City
- New Doha International Airport, Administration, employee mosque and canteen
- Museum of Islamic Arts Park, Doha
- Texas A and M University, College of Engineering
- Award winning Carnegie Mellon University, College of Business and Computer Science
- Qatar Bahrain Causeway project – technical adviser
- New Doha International Airport – input to buildings and road network