Halcrow has an established reputation in tunnelling, the result of over 75 years’ experience in the planning, design and procurement of underground works.
This reputation depends on our ability to provide specialist advice and well-engineered, economic and innovative solutions to challenges in infrastructure development.
We have been involved in many of Australia’s major tunnelling projects, for example, Brisbane Airport Link, Eastlink (Melbourne) and Citylink (Sydney).
Our specialists are internationally awarded for their tunnelling knowledge and for technical innovation – follow the Awards link here to read more.
Our work with contractors, private developers, government agencies and financial institutions means we offer the full range of tunnelling services.
These services include:
- design of portal structures, approach roads and retaining walls
- design verification/proof engineering
- drainage design
- fire and life safety systems design
- preliminary design and cost estimates
- risk assessment
- rock support and lining design
- route alignments
- safeguarding structures through prediction of settlement
- seismic design
- tender design
- ventilation design.
- capital and operating cost estimates
- construction methods and programmes
- quality assurance
- tender documentation and assessment.
Supervision of construction
- audit/monitoring of contractors quality assurance systems
- financial monitoring and reporting
- resident engineers control systems, inspection and staffing.