Halcrow's Materials Engineers have carried out condition surveys of many types of structure subject to various degrees of environmental exposure around the world.
This has given us a wide experience of different environments which has been used to improve our understanding of the deterioration processes and to develop predictive models of performance in service.
We bring to this work:
- staff with a wealth of experience gained around the world
- ability to relate specification and workmanship directly to present day performance of structures
- expertise in sampling and testing
- ability to plan and design preventative maintenance programmes
- understanding of the particular problems suffered by concrete in hot, dry environments