Halcrow's materials engineers are involved with the development of a range of high performance mixes.
- foamed and insulating concretes
- high-strength lightweight concrete
- self-levelling underwater concrete
- recycled-aggregate concrete
- high-durability structural concrete for extreme conditions
- fire-resistant concrete for tunnels
We bring to this work:
- the expertise of our widely-experienced staff
- immense practical experience of construction materials in many parts of the world
- state-of-the-art software for development of mixes taking into account the grading of available aggregates
- an understanding of the production processes and the properties of the natural materials
This content requires Flash
Download the free Flash Player now!
Video produced March 2008
The new Al Garhoud Bridge Creek Crossing in Dubai replaced the old bridge constructed in the mid seventies.
The Halcrow team overcame the problems of casting concrete in the heat of the Gulf by wrapping the piers in insulating blankets for almost three months.